A special counting takes place in primary grades throughout the country to commemorate an event that happens every year: the one hundredth day of school. Here at CPCA we also celebrate …..the count begins on the first day of school…..
100 Days of School
Espiritual Emphasis Week
From February 16th-20th we celebrate our spiritual emphasis week with Pr. David Lopez. All our students were able to connect, have fun, learn and worship together!!!
The mission of the Museum of Discovery and Science is to provide experiential pathways to lifelong learning in science for children and adults through exhibits, programs, and films. Last February 17th our school visited the museum, 2 buses, 110 students, 20 chaperons/parents!!! What a great experience!!!!
Goals for Christian Parents
For those of us who are parents and Christians, I think we have to ask ourselves, “What is my goal in raising my child (ren)?” If we don’t know what we’re aiming for when raising our children, how will we know if we’ve reached it?
If your goal is to raise a perfect child, I say give that one up – there aren’t any perfect children. If your goal is to be a perfect parent, give that one up too – you can’t do it, and you might drive your kids and yourself crazy trying to achieve it!
If your goal is to just have fun and/or get your kids old to enough to leave home, I’d like to ask you to aim a little higher. I believe our goal is to raise disciples of Jesus, to help them fulfill their divine destiny as He has called them.
Here are some goals the Bible says we should aim for as Christian parents….
- Get God’s viewpoint. Psalm 127:3-5 says, “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord the fruit of the womb is a reward.” Learn to think of your children the way God does. It will help you as you guide them through their childhood.
- Guide them to their destiny. We do that by helping them to fulfill the one commandment on their lives during their childhood – Ephesians 6:1. We do it by administering correction, helping them to live as a disciple of Jesus. Eph. 6:4; 1 Tim. 3:4; Deut. 4:9; Prov. 19:18; 22:15; 23:13.
- Give them a vision for their life. Just like you, they get a vision for their life from the Word of God. Spend time in the Word together, and teach them how to read it for themselves. 2 Tim. 3:15; 1 Sam. 2:26; Luke 1:80; 2:49.
- Connect them to God. God doesn’t have any grandchildren. You want your child to have their own vibrant relationship with God, with inner happiness, the peace of God that passes understanding, and great inner joy that doesn’t depend on external circumstances. Isa. 26:3; Psa. 128:1,2; Prov. 3:18; John 13:17.
- Connect them to the Body of Christ. In Bible times, parents brought their children to public worship. Josh. 8:35; 2 Chron. 20:13; Neh. 12:43; Prov. 8:17,32; Matt. 21:15; Psa. 34:11; Prov. 3:1. Your children are part of the body of Christ, and that means getting along with people and finding their place. Go to church.
- Ground them in love. Every day let them know that they are unconditionally loved, by you and by God. Sometimes their behavior needs correcting, but as a person, they are valuable and precious to you and to God. Teach them to walk in love with others – it’s the mark of spiritual maturity. Eph 3:17, 4:1-3, 1 Cor 13:4-8.
- Train them. This is a lifetime project, but there are things they need to know, and you’re the one to help them. 6:6,7; Prov. 22:6; 2 Cor. 12:14; Eph. 6:4; Col. 3:21; 1 Tim. 3:4,12; Tit. 2:4; Deut. 4:9; 31:13
CPCA Spelling Bee 2017
“Our mission is to help students be the best readers, writers,and speakers. We want to give them the tools to learn properly. Our Spelling Bee event featured over 40 students from grades first through six in rounds of competition that ended with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each grade. A crowned champion: Jason Acosta; 2nd Place: Ernesto Autie and 3rd Place Charlize Labiste.
Our Box Top Winners
Yes!, here at CPCA we clip BoxTops for education. Hundreds of products participate in the program. For every Box Top our students clip, our school receive 10 cents. This Year Ms Pandiello’s second grade class celebrated their victory with an ice cream party. They collected over 500 box tops. Thank you parents and guardians for your cooperation. Congratulations to: Michael, McCartney, Julian, Charlize, Christopher, Amaya, Michelle, Chris Gonzalez, Joshua, Hansel, Yoselyn, Andy, Enrique y Melanie….